Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I want to write...

I want to write about something. So I have opened this post. I'm not sure what to talk about, I just felt compelled to type. I must have something on my mind. It just won't come out.

Just finished watching Becoming Jane, a biopic about Jane Austen and about her personal life. It's tragic what she experienced, she was so honorable in her decision. I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who will someday watch the movie. Nothing comes easy I guess, you must sacrifice some things to gain others. It seems though that many men had interest in pursuing Jane Austen, but she only wanted one.

cr: http://collider.com/dvd/news/article.asp?aid=5049&tcid=3

Is it just that people were more mannered, considerate, passionate, and thoughtful back then? I'm not sure the situation would arise, or that there would be anyone so honorable in the first place such as Tom LeFroy. Or maybe it was that his uncle had provided him with a favorable circumstance to live by that it was more for self-greed. Whatever the case, it was painful to see two lovers torn apart due to monetary status. It wasn't Romeo & Juliet, it was actually a plausible love. But money ruined it. What do you say to that?



No comments:

Post a Comment