Monday, February 20, 2012

The Vow, a promise for eternity.

"To agree to disagree on red velvet cake..."

What a great love story. I mean I wasn't a huge fan of the ending, but it was one of those feel-good, once-every-few-years love story movies. I'm sure this will go down along those classics like The Notebook, Pretty Woman, A Walk To Remember, Remember Me, and other movies in my favorite movies. The message it sends is important and clear. Even better is that it is inspired by a real-life couple who encountered similar events, but overcame the worst to have what they have now.


Not only has Rachel McAdams lived up to her beauty, her sweet character roles, and acting, but I've found that I am suddenly attracted to Channing Tatum. It's funny because I've seen him in many notable roles, but have never found him attractive despite his very nice build, great dance ability, and his Southern charm. He won me over with his role as the committed and loving character of Leo. Depicted below is a scene that probably captured my heart. An act so simple, yet vividly expresses the care and love from Leo and shows that he's willing to go through what with Paige, Rachel McAdam's character in the film, is going through, regardless of it's consequences.


This movie focuses on an aspect that many marriages and relationships are losing sight and grasp of. It seems that couples face a little rough patch and decide too quickly to take the easy way out and let the worst of times conquer what is instead of what was and could be. It's sad to see and scares people like myself to commit when you hear statistics that claim that one in two marriages will end in divorce. Of course it's entirely a matter of the couple, the commitment, the love, the effort, the cooperation, and a multitude of other little pieces that result in a long-lasting, and maybe eternal marriage.

True love. Will I have what it takes to persevere when it comes?

No comments:

Post a Comment